At Barran Liebman LLP, our experienced and dedicated attorneys focus on representing employers and finding solutions for their employment law and labor management needs. Our attorneys specialize in five areas including employment advice, employment litigation, higher education compliance and litigation, labor relations and employee benefits. We represent employers in all employment matters, such as sexual harassment, collective bargaining, and wrongful discharge, to name a few.Because of our exclusive employment and labor law focus, we are accessible to employers large and small. From day to day advice on when to cut a final paycheck to the complex trial work that protects employer trade secrets, we offer skilled legal counsel to our clients. Additionally, to help you prevent employer-related labor problems, we provide a full range of training tools and educational opportunities. Our Food For ThoughtSM Breakfast Seminars and free Electronic AlertsSM advise on cutting-edge changes and important updates in labor and employment law.
Located in Portland, Oregon, Barran Liebman effectively assists clients in the Northwest and across the country. Whether you are an employer, human resource professional, in-house counsel, business executive or business owner, you will benefit from Barran Liebman's specialized experience and exceptional client service.
Our Commitment To DiversityBarran Liebman LLP is committed to fostering diversity, within itself and the community it serves.
We are committed to our employees and clients, believing that in order to provide the best legal services, we must first be dedicated to being the best employer possible. Being the best employer necessarily begins with a strong commitment to diversity within our own team. We strive to attract, mentor and retain attorneys and legal professionals of all backgrounds and experiences and are proud that half of Barran Liebman’s attorneys are women or minorities. This diversity allows us to offer our clients a wide range of perspectives which leads to innovative solutions.
We also work hard to promote diversity throughout the community. We actively participate in bar and community activities which strive to celebrate and enhance diversity. We support the following organizations through leadership roles, participation, and funding:
- American Association of University Women
- Association of Title IX Administrators
- Campaign for Equal Justice
- Diversity Committee of the Oregon Independent College Foundation
- EEO Classes at Portland State University
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Japan American Society of Oregon
- Latino Network
- Multicultural Law Students Association at Willamette University College of Law
- Multnomah Bar Association Equality and Diversity Committee
- Northwest Regional China Council
- NW EEO/Tri-County Affirmative Action Association
- Oregon Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Oregon Gay and Lesbian Law Association
- Oregon Hispanic Bar Association
- Oregon League of Minority Voters
- Oregon Minority Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar Association, Affirmative Action Committee
- Oregon State Bar Association, Civil Rights Section Executive Committee
- Oregon State Bar Association, Disability Law Section Member
- Oregon State Bar Association, Diversity Planning Task Force
- Oregon State Bar Association, Best Practices Committee
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Partners in Diversity
- Special Education PTA of Portland
- Uniting to Understand Racism
- Urban League of Portland
We are proud to participate in the SummerWorks internship program, administered by the Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, a non-profit organization. The program matches our firm with a youth who is motivated to improve his or her life circumstance, but lacks the typical education credentials, work experience or networks to get there. We are very proud that our first intern through the program is currently thriving in her first year of college.
If you are interested in learning more about Barran Liebman’s commitment to diversity, please contact our Executive Director, Traci Ray, at firstname.lastname@example.org.