Of most relevance to employers, the AHCA would:
- Repeal the ACA employer mandate, which would likely eliminate ACA reporting in the future (Form 1094-C and 1095-C);
- Eliminate subsidies on health coverage beginning in 2020;
- Change the effective date of the 40-percent excise tax on high cost employer-sponsored health coverage (known as the Cadillac Tax) from the year 2020 to 2025;
- Place additional limits on the small-employer tax credit; and
- Increase limits on health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts.
We will keep you posted and are happy to answer questions along the way.
Electronic Alerts are written by Barran Liebman attorneys for their clients and friends. Alerts are not intended as legal advice, but as employment law, labor law, and employee benefits announcements. If this has been forwarded to you, and you would like to begin receiving Electronic Alerts directly, please email or call Traci Ray at 503-276-2115. Copyright ©2017 by Barran Liebman LLP.
Las Alertas electrónicas son escritas por abogados de Barran Liebman para sus clientes y amigos. Las Alertas no son proveídas como asesoramiento legal, sino solo como anuncios de leyes de empleo, leyes laborales y beneficios de empleo. Si esto ha sido remetido a usted y quisieras empezar a recibir las Alertas directamente, por favor mándanos un correo electrónico o llama a Traci Ray al 503-276-2115. Derechos de autor ©2017 por Barran Liebman LLP.