Before joining Barran Liebman LLP, Andrew worked in healthcare litigation at a Portland law firm and spent two years at the Oregon Court of Appeals as a judicial law clerk to Judge Joel DeVore and as an interim clerk to Judge David Schuman. Additionally, he had the unique experience of serving as a Wayne Morse Summer Fellow for U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, where he collaborated with Senate staff and interest groups on federal policy.
An Oregon native, Andrew earned his B.A. in Political Science and History from Southern Oregon University with magna cum laude honors and earned his J.D. from the University of Oregon School of Law, where he was an editor of the Oregon Law Review, a tutor for the legal research and writing program, and a Bowerman Fellow in the Environmental & Natural Resources Law Center. Andrew also worked with the university’s Office of Risk Management, where he gained valuable experience reviewing university policies to ensure compliance with federal and state law. Andrew is licensed to practice in Oregon and serves on a variety of committees for both the Oregon State Bar and the Multnomah Bar Association. In his spare time, Andrew enjoys playing tennis, running, exploring the Pacific Northwest, and reading.
Professional Experience and Affiliations▲▼
- U.S. District Court of Oregon Historical Society: Board Member (2017-present)
- Oregon State Bar: Oregon Legal Heritage Interest Group, Member (2017-present)
- Multnomah Bar Association: Service to the Public Committee, Member (2016-present)
- National Business Institute Seminar on Human Resource Law From Start to Finish: “Employee Handbooks and Policies in the 21st Century,” Presenter (October 11, 2017)
- National Business Institute Seminar on Human Resource Law From Start to Finish: “Other Employment Laws You Need to Know,” Presenter (October 11, 2017)
- Lewis & Clark College, Graduate School of Education & Counseling: “Free Speech on Campus,” Guest Lecturer (May 30, 2017; September 20, 2017)
- Willamette Law Review Symposium: Equity in Health Law, “Mental Health Treatment in Oregon,” Presenter (February 3, 2017)
- “USCIS Releases Revised Form I-9, Must be Used Starting September 18,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, July 27, 2017
- “Reminder: New Oregon Minimum Wage Effective July 1,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, June 28, 2017
- “Governor Signs Sweeping Pay Equity Law,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, June 1, 2017
- “Oregon’s Anti-SLAPP Statute: A Striking Defense,” The Verdict, Spring 2017
- “Ninth Circuit: Oregon Whistleblower Statute Applies to Internal Reports by Employees,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, March 23, 2017; Republished by LGPI Newsletter, April 2017