Before joining Barran Liebman, Charlotte worked for multiple judges in the United States District Court both in California and Oregon—most recently as a law clerk to the Honorable Janice M. Stewart and the Honorable Youlee Yim You. Having trained to analyze complex cases, she now studies her clients’ stories to create the narrative that is the key to a winning legal strategy.
Charlotte’s practice includes working closely with employers to develop workplace policies, and providing proactive advice and counsel, and defending clients under a broad range of local, Oregon, California, and federal employment laws.
Professional Experience and Affiliations▲▼
- Oregon State Bar: Pro Bono Committee, Member (2017-present); Labor and Employment Section, Member (2013-present)Multnomah Bar Association: Member (2017-present)
- California State Bar: Labor and Employment Law Section, Member (2017-present)
- Oregon Women Lawyers: Working Parents Subcommittee, Member (2013-present)
- Oregon Law Review: Maxine Lee Award for Editorial Excellence (2012)
- “Trump Ousts Labor Department’s Blacklisting Rule,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, March 28, 2017
- “Minding the Difference Between Noncompetition and Nonsolicitation Agreements,” Cascade Business News, March 23, 2017
- “When Weather Wreaks Havoc: An HR professional’s guide for all of those inclement weather days,” HR.com, March 20, 2017
- “Lack of ADA Accommodation Request May Not Matter,” Daily Journal of Commerce, December 23, 2016
- “Oregon Sick Leave Law Update,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, December 13, 2016
- “EEOC Issues Updated Guidelines on National Origin Discrimination,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, November 23, 2016
- Boys and Girls Club of Metropolitan Portland: Associate Board Member (2017-present)
- University of Oregon Law School Alumni Association: Portland Committee (2017-present)