Chris Morgan works closely with clients to help them navigate the complexities of employment and labor law. Chris is a natural in the courtroom, demonstrating an adept ability to advocate for his clients from preliminary negotiations all the way through trial. In addition to his litigation experience, Chris is also a published author in a variety of media, including editorials on economics, public policy, and civic engagement for The Oregonian, The Portland Tribune, The Spokesman Review, The Columbian, and Northwest Lawyer Magazine.
Chris graduated cum laude with a B.A. in Political Science from Washington State University and a J.D. from the Gonzaga University School of Law. Throughout his legal education, Chris was highly invested in the community, serving as Associate Editor of the Gonzaga Journal of International Law and Governor of the American Bar Association Law Student Division 12th Circuit. Chris represented over 4,000 law students across nine law schools in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska, and also served as Chair of the National Committee on Resolutions and Advocacy. In addition to his extensive extracurricular involvement, Chris received the highly regarded Dean’s Distinguished Achievement Scholarship from Gonzaga University and represented his class as the 2017 Commencement Speaker. Most recently, Chris was named to the highly selective American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Emerging Leaders Program’s Class of 2017-2018.
Professional Experience and Affiliations▲▼
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division: Emerging Leaders Program (2017-2018)
- American Bar Association: Governor of Law Student Division 12th Circuit (2016-2017); National Committee on Resolutions and Advocacy: Chair (2015-2017)
- Cooney Law Offices, P.S.: Legal Intern (2016-2017)
- University Legal Assistance: Federal Tax Clinic: Law Clerk (2016-2017)
- Gonzaga University School of Law: Gonzaga Journal of International Law, Associate Editor (2014-2017); Gonzaga Society for Law & Business: Vice President (2014-2017)
- Clark County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office: Legal Intern (2015)
- Gonzaga Society for Law & Business: Vice President; American Bar Association: Representative; Student Bar Association 1L: Representative; Street Law: Representative Washington State University Student Legal Services: Director (2013-2014); Committee Squared: Chairman (2013-2014)
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon: Vice President, Correspondent, Philanthropic Chairman, Director of Standards
- National Business Institute Seminar on Human Resource Law From Start to Finish: “Employment Law Update,” Presenter (October 11, 2017)
- “Recent Legal Developments,” Oregon Civil Rights Newsletter, September 2017