Trevor is actively involved with the Oregon State Bar where he serves as the Chair for the Military and Veterans Law Section, and is a member of the Labor and Employment Law Section. He is also a member of the Multnomah Bar Association Professionalism Committee, and previously served on the Young Lawyers Section Pro Bono Committee, where he directed the Wills for Heroes Clinic. Before beginning his legal career, Trevor served on active duty as a Captain in the U.S. Army. He has been a member of the Oregon National Guard since leaving active duty, and currently serves as an attorney in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (JAG).
- Counsel for Private Sector Employers: Successfully represented employers across a variety of industries in union organizing and election campaigns.
- Counsel for Small Businesses: Defended numerous small businesses against wage and hour claims brought by former employees.
- Counsel for Company in Wood Products Industry: Represented a regional private sector employer in successful NLRB decertification election.
- Counsel for Law Enforcement Agency: Provided representation in discharge arbitration in which arbitrator upheld the discipline.
- Counsel for Public Sector Employer: Successfully defended employer in unfair labor practice proceeding before Oregon Employment Relations Board alleging refusal to bargain.
Professional Experience and Affiliations▲▼
- Oregon Public Employer Labor Relations Association (ORPELRA), Member (2019-present)
- American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law, Member (2019-present)
- Oregon State Bar: Military and Veterans Law Section Executive Committee, Chair (2019-present); Chair-Elect (2018-2019); Labor and Employment Law Section, Member (2015-present)
- Multnomah Bar Association: Professionalism Committee (2018-present); Young Lawyers Section Pro Bono Committee (2016-2019)
- Oregon State Treasury: Extern (2015)
- Veterans Affairs Staff Assistant to U.S. Congressman Peter DeFazio (2013-2014)
- Wayne Morse Fellow, Office of U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (2013)
- Combat Veteran, U.S. Army
- HRsimple Webinar: “Military Leave: What Employers Need to Know,” Presenter (11/20/19)
- Barran Liebman Client Training: “Harassment & Discrimination Training for Managers & Supervisors,” Presenter (8/21/19; 8/29/19)
- Barran Liebman Client Training: “Union Organizing & Election Training for Employers,” Presenter (8/20/19)
- City County Insurance Services (CIS) Public Safety Conference: “Employment & Labor Law Update,” Co-Presenter (8/2/19)
- Barran Liebman Traditional Labor Law Update: “Significant 2018 National Labor Relations Board Decisions & What Employers Need to Know for 2019,” Co-Presenter (3/5/19; 3/6/19)
- Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI) 34th Annual Employment Law Conference: “Document Preservation & Record-Keeping for Oregon Employers,” Presenter (11/1/18)
- Police Conference of New York Annual Convention: “On the Chopping Block: Fair Share and the U.S. Supreme Court,” Presenter (5/17)
- University of Oregon Wayne Morse Scholars Program, Democratic Dilemmas: “The Use of Drones and “Kill Lists,” Presenter (1/14)
- Afghanistan Pakistan Regional Expertise Training Program, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.: “U.S. Unmanned Aerial Systems,” Presenter (8/13)
- “NLRB Allows Employers to Limit Union Activity in Public Spaces,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, June 18, 2019
- “Ninth Circuit: The NLRB’s “One Employee Doctrine” Does Not Apply to Contracts With Interest Arbitration Provision,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, May 30, 2019
- “U.S. Supreme Court Narrows Avenues for Resolving Employment Disputes Through Class Arbitration,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, April 26, 2019
- “Employers, Beware: Federal Opinion Conflicts with Case Law,” Daily Journal of Commerce, March 22, 2019
- “Not So Fast: One More Thing For Your Updated FMLA Policy,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, March 18, 2019
- “Labor Board Restores Independent Contractor Rule,” Oregon Business Report, February 7, 2019
- “NLRB Reinstates Longstanding Independent Contractor Standard,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, February 5, 2019
- “State Government is Immune from Trooper’s USERRA Claims,” Public Safety Labor News, May 2017
- Oregon National Guard: Office of the Staff Judge Advocate (JAG), Attorney (2015-present)