Missy graduated, magna cum laude, with a B.S. in Business Administration from Northwestern State University, where she played varsity soccer, and during her senior year, was part of a defense that helped NSU have a program-record 10 shutouts.
Following her undergraduate studies, she received her M.B.A. from Louisiana Tech University. After five years of experience in industrial sales, Missy graduated Order of the Coif from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, where she served as a Senior Associate and Issue Editor for the Louisiana Law Review. She also received numerous CALI (The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction) Awards for achieving the highest grade in four different courses.
Before moving to Portland to join the Barran Liebman team, Missy diversified her experience, serving as a Law Clerk for Honorable David C. Joseph of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, as a Student Clinician for Louisiana State University’s Immigration Law Clinic, and in a number of private practice, externship, and research roles.
Professional Experience and Affiliations▲▼
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section: Member (2021-present); Pro Bono Committee, Member (2021-present)
- American Bar Association: Member (2021-present)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana: Law Clerk to Hon. David C. Joseph (2020-2021)
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center Immigration Law Clinic: Student Clinician (Spring 2020); Academic Tutor for 1L Contracts (Fall 2018, Fall 2019); Research Assistant (Spring 2019)
- Private Practice: Summer Associate (June 2019-August 2019)
- Private Practice: Summer Associate (May 2019-June 2019)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana: Judicial Extern to Hon. Erin Wilder-Doomes (Fall 2018)
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center: CALI (The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction) Award Recipient for Civil Procedure; Business Associations I; Sales & Real Estate Transactions; and Immigration
- “Employers Must Notify Employees About the Earned Income Tax Credit,” Barran Liebman Electronic Alert, January 25, 2022
- “Out with the New, In with the Old: FLSA Rule Rescinded,” Daily Journal of Commerce, September 24, 2021